Laser Engraving: Cleveland Wedding Edition

12:04:00 PM

So my good friend Jenna Sellers (soon to be Cleveland) is getting married next weekend and I wanted to make her a customized gift that she and Andrew would enjoy having. So I designed this image with their new last name, their wedding date, a Bible verse that is meaningful to them, and a picture of the mountains of Guyana (where Jenna has been doing mission work for the last year and a half). I engraved it on a piece of wood that I bought from Hobby Lobby.


I faced a few challenges with this project, including getting the black and white threshold to a point that worked for both the image and the text. Originally, whenever I got the text to the right contrast, the image would be too light and wouldn't pick up the detail of the mountains. So I ended up changing the contrast on the original image of just the mountains so that it was more easily adjusted in the laser engraving software. I also had to figure out the best way to center the image on the piece of wood. I ended up using the tool that traced the pathway of the laser a lot before pressing "print" to get it as close as I could. It isn't a symmetrical piece of wood, so it would be impossible to center it between all points perfectly, so I did the best I could, and I am quite pleased with the result. Hopefully they will like it, too! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments